APRIL 30, 2021 BY SARAOGI
Are you facing repeated IVF failures? Do not worry; many couples in Mumbai have IVF failures. This article discusses the steps you can take to avoid repeated IVF failures and have a successful IVF cycle. You can also consult your IVF doctor in Mumbai. They can help you understand why you have IVF failures and the steps you can take to avoid them.
First, let us understand what exactly a repeated IVF failure means.
If a woman has a history of 3 failed IVF cycles with good quality embryos, it is called a repeated IVF failure.
To find a solution, you need to find the cause of the problem. So, let us see what some of the possible causes for repeated IVF failures are.
What are the causes of IVF failure?
- Poor oocyte quality: The oocyte plays an essential role in cell division during embryo formation. So, poor oocyte quality results in damaged DNA and an embryo with abnormal chromosome.
- Poor sperm quality: A low-quality sperm can lead to poor fertilization and can cause IVF failures.
- Uterus problems: Problems in the uterus can lead to an IVF failure. So, it is crucial to conduct a proper uterus check regarding hormones, immunology, and structure.
- Wrong selection of embryo: If the IVF doctor selects an embryo which is abnormal, the uterus would almost certainly reject it. For a good IVF cycle, it is important to test and select a chromosomally normal embryo.
- Lifestyle of the partners: The lifestyle of the partners plays an essential role in the IVF cycle. If either or both of you use narcotics, tobacco, alcohol, or other substances often, it may cause problems during the IVF period and pregnancy. Similarly, whether they have asthma, diabetes, or other autoimmune conditions, the IVF cycle is more likely to fail.
- Embryo transfer issues: Even though embryo transfer is a non-surgical process, it must be done at the right time and place. A trial transfer is an option to ensure that the specialist can position the embryo in the correct place in the uterus. It can lower the chances of the IVF cycle failing.
How is the cause of IVF failure diagnosed?
To identify exactly what is the cause for your repeated IVF failures, your IVF centre will suggest you do any or a few of the following tests:
- Uterine evaluation: The state of the fallopian tubes and uterus will be thoroughly examined. It will assist your specialist in determining the exact tubal status for a good IVF cycle, lowering the chances of failure by nearly 50%.
- Sperm DNA fragmentation: This test investigates the sperm's DNA content. If your sperm DNA fragmentation assay is extremely high, it could result in IVF cycle failure, low fertilization chances, miscarriages, and other complications.
- ERA (Endometrial Receptivity Assay): The test helps with the endometrium's biopsy. It aids the IVF specialist in determining the best day for the embryo to be implanted.
- Preimplantation genetic test: This test helps to determine the chromosomes in an embryo. For embryo transfer, embryos with a normal number of chromosomes are chosen. It lowers the chances of a miscarriage while also increasing the chances of having a healthy child or children.
- Immunology test: Your IVF specialist can recommend certain tests to check for abnormalities, such as immune cells or proteins, to check for abnormalities. This test will reveal the reason for IVF cycles' failures and how to move on with the next one. Your doctor will recommend this test if the findings of other tests do not show the cause of the failure.
What are the treatments for repeated IVF failures?
The causes of IVF treatment failure help us find out what is right and thus helps us to avoid any such loss. The IVF specialist will pay more attention to the embryo transfer procedure and choose healthy oocyte and sperm. They will also check out the uterine environment to find out the best place to implant the embryo.
So, the path to a successful IVF is to properly detect the reason for failure in the previous cycles and not repeat them in the coming cycle. Visit your IVF centre in Mumbai and try out again after a proper diagnosis.
- Repeated IVF Failures: What Steps can you take?
- How does PCOS affect your fertility?
- When should you consider egg freezing?
- How to Choose an Egg Donor for IVF?
- When Should You Consider IMSI?
- IVF Treatment in Mumbai
- IUI Treatment in Mumbai
- IMSI Treatment in Mumbai
- ICSI Treatment in Mumbai
- Frozen Embryo Transfer Treatment in Mumbai
- Surrogacy in Mumbai
- Donor Egg Treatment in Mumbai
- Donor Sperm Procedure in Mumbai