August 7, 2021 BY SARAOGI
Image Source: momjunction.com
Many women delay starting a family despite doctors' advice to do so before turning 35 for various reasons, including career, fertility treatments, and aspirations to pursue their ambitions before settling down. This post is for you if you're anxious about how your maternal journey will be after you turn 40.
Pregnancy after 40
Being an older mother requires your body to work more than it did when you were younger. You are more likely to suffer a health problem and need medical assistance during childbirth.
If you are overweight, you may have pre-existing health concerns like high blood pressure or diabetes.
However, with medical assistance and guidance from one of the best IVF doctor in Mumbai, most women can have healthy pregnancies.
There are several advantages to having a baby at 40 that often outweigh the advantages of having a baby in your twenties or early thirties. Some women desire to establish a career before devoting their complete attention to raising children. You may wish to stabilize your financial condition at times. Further, you may also have goals you want to achieve before having a child and committing your entire time to them. Here are a few of the advantages to look for:
- Longer life expectancy
- Lower rate of cognitive deterioration
- Children have the highest graduation rates and test scores.
Thanks to modern advancements in fertility treatments, you can safely plan your pregnancy and delivery. However, there are still significant dangers associated with having a baby at the age of 40. Your doctor will regularly check these conditions for both you and your baby:
- Diabetes during pregnancy
- Preeclampsia can be caused by high blood pressure
- Other birth abnormalities, such as Down syndrome
- The birth weight that is too low
- Ectopic pregnancy is a common side effect of IVF.
Does your age have an impact on your fertility?
Many women decide to postpone their pregnancy due to advances in reproductive treatments. Here are some treatment methods that can help you improve your fertility:
- If you plan to have a baby at a later age, you can freeze your eggs when you are younger.
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI), In vitro fertilization (IVF), and various other infertility treatments.
- Using donor sperm or eggs
Even after having the latest technologies and medical advancements, women aged 35 or older experience a drastic drop in their fertility rate and have issues conceiving. The following are some of the risk factors that may influence women as they get older:
- The quality of the eggs deteriorates
- The number of mature eggs also reduces
- Ovaries are unable to release eggs
- Increased risk of miscarriage
- Health issues that may have an impact on fertility
What can you do to ensure a healthy pregnancy at the age of 40 and above?
If you're pregnant at any age, the most significant thing you can do is focus on being as healthy as possible by:
- Have a nutritious and well-balanced diet
- Quit smoking
- Lose weight before getting pregnant if you are obese or overweight
- Keep yourself safe from infections such as rubella while pregnant
- Avoid drinking alcohol or using illegal drugs while pregnant
- Be active
- Minimize your caffeine intake
Many women wish to become pregnant later in life. It can take a little longer than usual as your fertility rate drops considerably once you reach the age of 35.
If you are having trouble conceiving on your own, talk to your doctor about fertility treatments. There are so many possibilities, such as IVF treatment. Despite all odds, it is still possible to have a kid at the age of 40.
- Repeated IVF Failures: What Steps can you take?
- How does PCOS affect your fertility?
- When should you consider egg freezing?
- How to Choose an Egg Donor for IVF?
- When Should You Consider IMSI?
- IVF Treatment in Mumbai
- IUI Treatment in Mumbai
- IMSI Treatment in Mumbai
- ICSI Treatment in Mumbai
- Frozen Embryo Transfer Treatment in Mumbai
- Surrogacy in Mumbai
- Donor Egg Treatment in Mumbai
- Donor Sperm Procedure in Mumbai