APRIL 30, 2021 BY SARAOGI
Egg freezing is now more accessible and more efficient thanks to modern techniques. It allows women to extend their fertility and relieve the stress of the "biological clock." Women in India now have more educational, technical, and social options than ever before. They want to postpone having children for a longer period.
Though women are most fertile in their early twenties, biology has not kept up with modern life in India. Your genetics will now complement your lifestyle thanks to egg freezing.
Keep reading if you're thinking of freezing your eggs and find out when it's the best time to do so.
Egg Freezing for Fertility Preservation
Egg freezing is the process of collecting and preserving the eggs to protect your reproductive capacity. Your ovarian reserve may be examined first by your fertility expert. It enables them to assess the condition of your eggs before undergoing an ovarian stimulation period. This examination includes blood and imaging scans.
To activate the ovaries, the doctor injects hormone drugs. Your doctor will remove mature eggs and freeze them after examining them under a microscope. Vitrification is a freezing technique that entails quick cooling of eggs in liquid nitrogen. After that, they're ready to be stored.
Future Fertility Planning
- The perfect time to freeze your eggs is when you're in your twenties or early thirties. Your eggs are kept frozen until you're ready to start a family. Any of your eggs may perish during the freezing process.
- When you're about to start trying for a baby, an IVF expert thaws the eggs and tests their viability. Eggs that have made it through the freezing process will be used to start a family. This procedure entails incubating the egg with the partner's or donor's sperm in a lab to achieve fertilization before transferring it to the uterus.
- The age at which you freeze the eggs and the number of eggs available is a critical factor in the likelihood of a healthy live birth.
- The risk of complications rises as the mother's age increases during pregnancy. Preeclampsia and gestational diabetes are possible complications. The majority of older women, on the other hand, have safe and healthy pregnancies.
When should you freeze eggs?
Women may consider freezing eggs for a variety of purposes. Talking with a fertility specialist is the easiest way to figure out the best time for you.
Here are some instances of when freezing your eggs is a good idea:
- Delaying childbearing for personal reasons: Egg freezing allows you to postpone childbearing for various causes, including career progression or personal reasons. The majority of women chose to postpone raising children to concentrate on other facets of their lives.
- Premature ovarian failure: You can opt to freeze your eggs for future pregnancy if you are at risk of losing your fertility due to health issues. Autoimmune diseases, genetic abnormalities, metabolic disorders, radiation, and chemotherapy may cause premature ovarian failure.
- Surgeries that may damage the ovaries: You may need surgery that may involve the risk of removing or damaging the ovaries. You may opt to freeze your eggs before the surgery in certain situations.
Risks involved in egg freezing
- Conditions linked to the use of fertility medications: In some instances, using injectable fertility drugs to stimulate ovulation may result in swollen and painful ovaries. Abdominal pain, nausea, bloating, vomiting, and diarrhea are some of the symptoms.
- Complications related to the egg retrieval process: In few women, retrieving eggs with an aspirating needle causes trauma, inflammation, damage to the intestine or bladder, or a blood vessel.
- Emotional risks:
- While egg freezing will increase the chances of conceiving in the future, but there is no assurance of success.
- If you use frozen eggs to start a family, the probability of miscarriage is determined by your age when you froze the eggs. Since their eggs are mature, older women may have a higher risk of miscarriage.
- To date, there has been no evidence of an increased risk of congenital disabilities in babies born using egg freezing. However, further research into the safety of egg freezing is needed.
For any woman in India, starting a family is one of her greatest joys. We will assist you in completing the task in your own time and manner. As a result, freezing your eggs is a convenient and successful way to ensure future fertility and achieve a healthy pregnancy.
- Repeated IVF Failures: What Steps can you take?
- How does PCOS affect your fertility?
- When should you consider egg freezing?
- How to Choose an Egg Donor for IVF?
- When Should You Consider IMSI?
- IVF Treatment in Mumbai
- IUI Treatment in Mumbai
- IMSI Treatment in Mumbai
- ICSI Treatment in Mumbai
- Frozen Embryo Transfer Treatment in Mumbai
- Surrogacy in Mumbai
- Donor Egg Treatment in Mumbai
- Donor Sperm Procedure in Mumbai